Wednesday 18 March 2009

Vampifan's Views 01 Introduction

I have created this blog to share my passion of all things undead, particularly vampires and zombies, with a strong emphasis on miniature figures and gaming. Books, comics, films and TV will be covered as well, plus anything else that I think will be of relevance. Ever since I began college way back in 1975 I have been interested in the undead. One of the first films that sparked my interest in zombies was George A. Romero's Dawn of the Dead, which I saw at the cinema when it was first released in 1978. I'd never seen such a gory film before then and it had a huge impact on me. I loved it and it still remains one of my all-time favourite zombie films.
The start of my love affair with vampires is harder to pin down. The first vampire film that I can remember watching was Dracula with Frank Langella in the title role. However, I know that one vampire in particular has held a very close affection for me from the moment I first saw her in the early 1980's and she is the comic book heroine, Vampirella. It is no coincidence that my user name is Vampifan. There is something incredibly sexy about vampires and Vampirella is just sex on legs!

No comments:

Post a Comment